Whether you’re an expert planner and thrive on putting together a rockin’ wedding party yourself or you need all the help you can get, we know that 2021 brought wedding planning woes that none of us ever imagined.
With COVID-19 canceling, postponing, paring down & rescheduling nearly everyone’s wedding plans this year, we were proud to help our readers & followers with planning, replanning (& often, replanning again) your beautiful celebrations.
So, our wedding planning coverage in 2021 included A LOT of outside help from our favorite expert planners & wedding professionals, our in-house experts & our own brides on staff who had their own wedding plans retooled. You can find all of our Coronavirus-related wedding help here.
But not all of our wedding advice pertains to brides & grooms affected by Coronavirus. This year, we doubled down on our Real Talk series, helping you tackle tough topics with your friends & family and calling on the wedding industry & peanut gallery to stop telling brides & grooms they’ll regret things about their wedding.
We were also spoiled with plenty of wedding planning tips from expert contributors like how to keep the romance during the stressful wedding planning process & which beautiful blooms give your the most bang for your buck.
For those embarking on their own wedding planning journey, I encourage you to read through any of the sage advice below (after all, we think live streaming your wedding for guests who can’t join is a great idea – Covid-19 or not!)
So in no particular order, these are the best wedding planning posts of 2021 on Bridal Musings…
The Best Real Talk Wedding Advice
- Stop Telling Brides They’ll Regret Things About Their Wedding – Real talk: Stop telling brides they’ll regret things. It’s rude, negative, manipulative & guess what, their wedding is not about you.
- How To Tell Your Unsupportive Family About Your Fabulous Wedding Plans – Real talk: wedding planning isn’t easy, especially when families are less than supportive. But this phrase might just help your case…
- What To Do If You Have Your Period On Your Wedding Day – Cramps, bloating, hormonal acne, mood swings & leaks begone! We’re talking weddings & periods & how to manage this crisis.
- Please Be Aware Of Burn Bans At Your Wedding This Summer – Here’s how to find out if there is a burn ban, what activities to avoid & alternative ideas to like sparkler send-offs & more.
- Are Constant Questions About Your Wedding Driving You Mad? – Real talk: are constant wedding questions driving you made? Here are some strategies to get the peanut gallery off your back.
- How To Tell Your Mom Or Future-Mother-In-Law You Don’t Want A Bridal Shower – Hoping to get out of your dreaded bridal shower and live to tell the tale? We have tips & advice on how to tell your future mother-in-law.
- Your Bridesmaids Probably Don’t Want To Wear The Same Dress – Guess what, your bridesmaids probably don’t want to wear the same dress. We’re pitching why (& how) to style a mix & match bridal party.
- You Don’t Have To Invite Everyone To Your Wedding Anymore – Thanks to wedding live streaming, you don’t have to invite your parents’ neighbor’s cousin anymore. Here’s how to reduce your guest list.
- Newly Engaged? Here’s How To Survive The Holidays… – Planning the holidays with family can be stressful. Organizing the holidays between two families? You’re going to need our help…
The Best Covid-19 Related Wedding Planning Help
- What The Covid-19 Omicron Variant Means For Your 2022 Wedding – Worried the Covid-19 Omicron will change or cancel your wedding plans? Don’t panic yet! We have the best tips to keep calm & prepare for every outcome.
- Virtual Wedding Guide: 10 Tips For Streaming Your Wedding – For weddings derailed by COVID-19, here’s our guide to re-planning, re-scheduling, and re-imagining your wedding day into a virtual online celebration.
- The Best Live Streaming Platforms For Your Virtual Wedding – Whether you plan to DIY or are searching for a full-service videographer, these are the best ways to live stream your wedding day.
- 20 Wedding-Worthy Face Masks For Brides, Grooms & Wedding Guests – Ditch the disposable masks and upgrade your bridal wardrobe with these fashionable & functional face masks for weddings during Coronavirus.
- How To Reallocate Your Wedding Budget With A Smaller Guest Count – Smaller guest list gifting you surprise funds in your wedding budget? We have ideas on how to upgrade your wedding plans & indulge!
- How To Make Guests Comfortable If This Is Their First Big Event Of The Year – For some of your guests, your wedding may be cause for some COVID-era anxiety, and we have tips to make everyone more comfortable.
- How To Plan A Luxurious Wedding At Home – Splurge on your dream photographer, go over the top with florals, pour the best champagne, & buy your dream Moonlight Bridal wedding dress.
More Top Wedding Planning Advice
- The Best Wedding Registry Platforms For Gifts, Cash, Honeymoons & Charity – Is it time to build your wedding registry? Choose from these platforms to register for gifts, cash, honeymoons & even your favorite charity!
- 10 Apps & Online Tools To Help With Wedding Planning – We’ve rounded up our favorite wedding planning tools and apps to make your big day wedmin a whole lot smoother and stress-free.
- 10 Of The Best Wedding Planners, Organizers & Journals – Trying to get organized with wedding planning? Here’s our list of favorite wedding planners, journals and organizers to get you started.
- The 3 Month Wedding: How To Quickly Plan A Wedding In A Few Months – Yes, it’s possible! You can plan an entire wedding in just a few months (even just a few weeks) and we have the expert tips to do it!
- The Top Ways To Make Your Wedding Kid-Friendly – Keep your littlest guests entertained & happy on your wedding day with these top kid-friendly ideas & tips.
- Pro Tips To Keep Things Flowing On Your Wedding Day – For some, interruptions to your wedding flow are a nightmare, and we’re here with tips to make sure things run smoothly on your wedding day.
- Do I Have To Have A Rehearsal (& Dinner)? – Scheduling a wedding ceremony rehearsal & formal dinner to follow may be the norm in western wedding culture, but it is not obligatory.
- Expectations & Etiquette For Hosting & Attending A Dry Wedding – Find classy ways to tell your guests about the lack of booze & fancy ways to upgrade those signature wedding mocktails.
- How To Make Your Wedding Menu More Inclusive To Food Sensitivities – Are you inviting guests with food allergies, sensitivities and special diets? Here’s how to accommodate their needs…
Follow all of our Best of 2021 wedding coverage for all of our favorite dresses, inspirations & real weddings this year.